Hello my lovely readers!! 🙂 🙂
Hope this season is treating you well. 😉 😉
By now, you all must be knowing very well that how much I love to try new beauty products from different brands whether newly launched or already established ones. But sometimes before buying new products, I always have this thing on my mind that what if I could try a sample and then consider it for purchase and that too without investing a huge amount of penny. Well, there are some beauty stores like Sephora, M.A.C, etc. who offer these kind of services on store. But not always we can hit these stores for just trying the products and then deciding it. Being a beauty product lover, I always want to try new products but within the comfort of my home. Recently, I came across this website/app called ‘Smytten’ which offers trying of products before buying and that too for free for first three purchase. 😀 😀
So let me take you through the features of this app-
- Online platform offering ‘trial and shop’ concept.
- Product range- Makeup, beauty essentials, premium beverages, accessories, men’s grooming products, health and wellness, car accessories, fragrances, baby and mothercare, gourmet products etc.
- Wide variety of brands from newly launched to already established ones. Luxury brands to cost effective brands from all over the world.
- The app’s GUI (Graphic User Interface) is average which is a turn off for me. Although it gives the description and details for products but it’s a basic one and not that much user friendly.
- Delivery depends upon the location and courier service assigned. I got my parcel within 3-4 days and before the estimated delivery date.
- Trial products are either sample size or if you get lucky then you might get a full size product as well.
- First 3 trials are free as in you need not to pay for the price of trial products. You only need to pay for the shipping charges.
- Once you have ‘tried’ (bought) the sample or trial product you will not be able to try the same one from the brand (atleast, I got that notification when I tried to do so).
- It’s a platform for review as well. You can write a review for your trial products. Of course, they are have the info. about which product has been already tried.
- They have some exciting offers for the free trials as well. I got some amount back in my Smytten wallet after my first order of free trial which can be redeemed later.
- There is a limit to how many products can be added in one trial. I was allowed for 3 products only based on sample size for which I had a mixed feeling.
So these were the details of the Smytten app. Now, I will take you through the products I bought or you can say I will give you a sneak peek into the box curated by me from Smytten.
I ordered 3 products- Full size face serum/oil (30 ml) by Biobloom, 15 gm sample size detoxifying charcoal face mask from Fuschia by VKARE and 8 gm sample size hand cream by Kama Ayurveda.
The package came in a brown carton package like a normal parcel. Inside the carton, there was a small customized Smytten box of white color over which the logo of Smytten was there. It’s a nice and hard rectangular box which assures the safety of the products packed inside. Once opened, the products were in a bubble wrap for additional safety and I looove bubble wraps😀😀.
Although, I was a bit skeptical about the products and this app, but after receiving and trying them out, I was quite impressed and really liked this concept of trying and then buying. This is quite a good and very new budding platform where you need not to rely on others reviews and thoughts. It gives access to a wide variety of products.
1. Face oil by Biobloom– It’s an age defying and radiance booster face oil made up natural ingredients. It’s a full size product of 30 ml which came in an outer carton pack. the oil is packed in a opaque dark colored mini glass bottle. It has a dropper fitted in the cap and the oil is, so it’s quite hygienic to use. A small amount goes a long way. For better result, it should be used on a cleansed face in morning and night. Massage few drops poured on to the face in circular motions. It’s made up of natural oils which helps in improving the texture of skin and makes it radiant along with providing and keeping moisture intact. It’s suitable for all age groups. It’s paraben, mineral oil and chemical free. It has goodness of natural oils like rosehip oil, lemon oil, rosemary etc. It’s a bliss for dull and damaged skin. The fragrance is just like other herbal products but doesn’t irritate.
2. Detox face mask (activated charcoal) by Fuschia by VKARE- It’s a 15gm trial size pack which comes in a plastic tub of yellow color. It contains charcoal powder, aloe vera, clove oil, kaolin light china clay with goodness of glycerine and rose water. The color of pack is ashy grey and texture is soft. Consistency is thick and apt to be applied by fingers on all over the face. The fragrance of the pack is heavenly. It smells of roses and aloe. It might feel overpowering for some. It has clove oil as well which is good for acne prone skin. The pack has to be used on cleansed face and should be kept for 15- 20 min until dry and then has to be washed off with plain water. The skin feels softer, tighter and clearer. It does brightens the face as it takes away all the impurities.
3. Hand Cream by Kama Ayurveda– It comes in a plastic tube with outer carton packaging. The net content of this sample is 8g. It contains organic almond oil, coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, kokum butter, aloe vera, glycerin. It has a strong fragrance of almond and coconut oil. The texture is buttery soft and consistency is medium thick with soft peaks. It makes the skin around the hands and nails very soft and nourishes them there by providing ample amount of hydration. I loved it but I felt sad as the net content of the product is too less. I would love to try it again but on a reasonable price though. It’s made up of natural ingredients which anyways we use them more often and so you need not to worry about it.
Honestly speaking, I liked the idea of getting awesome branded products for free which are otherwise available for some 500 or 1000 bucks. The idea of ‘try before you buy’ is can be a good one in coming days where people will get access to the products at the click of fingers. Smytten app has to work still on their GUI and should increase the brands range. My Rating for Smytten would be 3.5 or may be 3.8 for now and I am expecting more from them. Hope to see this platform growing at a good pace. 🙂 🙂
So this was all about my experience with Smytten app. Hope you liked it!
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for more such updates and interesting stuffs!
Take care until next time! 🙂 🙂
Stay happy and stay gorgeous! ❤ ❤